What are the beliefs and values?
Beliefs are important. They are the foundation of every church and organization. We practice these three principles in our beliefs.
IN ESSENTIAL BELIEFS - We have UNITY
IN NON-ESSENTIAL BELIEFS
“There is one Body and one Spirit...there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of us all...” Ephesians. 4:4-6 (NIV)
- We have FREEDOM
“Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters...Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls...So then each of us will give an account of himself to God...So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.” Romans. 14:1, 4:12, 22 (NIV)
IN ALL OUR BELIEFS
- We show LOVE
“...If I hold in my mind not only all human knowledge but also the very secrets of God, and if I have the faith that can move mountains - but have no love. I amount to nothing at all.” 1 Corinthians. 13:2 (PH)
- We believe in one God who has expressed himself in personal ways. We know God’s personality as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible communicates God’s saving message and is our reliable authority in all matters related to faith, salvation and Christian living.
- We believe that
humankind is born with a fallen nature and therefore struggles with self–destructive acts called sin, and that continually.
- We believe that unless we experience God’s help and salvation through a faith commitment to Jesus Christ, our future is one of eternal separation from God and all that is good.
- We believe the love and grace of God is extended to every person in the provision Jesus Christ made in his death and resurrection. By turning from our own selfishness and trusting Jesus Christ, we experience a new life being freed from the old patterns of self–destructive acts called sin.
- We believe our new life in Jesus Christ is the gateway to transformation. Following our moment of faith in Jesus, there is a another moment when we present our life completely to Christ. We then live under his authority and experience his transforming power to love him and others fully.
- We believe the Christian experience is more than a change of mind. It is accompanied by assurance that is grounded in both the Scriptures as well as the inner witness of God’s Spirit.
- We believe that all who live for Jesus Christ have an eternal future. Our belief in such a future includes both the fulfillment of God’s creative purpose as well as the accountability of all persons endowed with the power of choice.
- We value transformed lives so, we REACH OUT.
- We value holiness so, we are becoming CHRIST-LIKE.
- We value 24/7 life worship so, we CELEBRATE.
- We value Families so, we are INTER-GENERATIONA.L
- We value diversity so, we are MOSAIC.
Calvary is a member of the Church of the Nazarene
Articles of Faith